Gingered Cranberry Sauce
If you’ve never made your own cranberry sauce, you’re in for a surprise. It’s so easy, you’ll wonder why you ever went with store-bought.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 1/2cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup organic evaporated cane juice
- 2 tsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- In a medium saucepan on medium, combine all ingredients and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until most cranberries have burst, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a resealable container or serving dish and set aside to cool to room temperature. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serving Size 3 Tbsp cranberry sauce
- Calories 66
- Carbohydrate Content 17.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 49 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g