Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 12-count muffin tray. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cacao, baking soda and salt. In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine butter, vanilla, yogurt and dates; blend until smooth. Blend in eggs. Pour into bowl with flour mixture. Add the hot water and stir until just combined.
2. Divide batter among muffin cups. Place 1 heaping tsp chocolate hazelnut spread on each. Using a paring knife or toothpick, swirl spread into batter. Sprinkle hazelnuts on top.
3. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool completely. Keep leftovers covered at room temperature.
- Serving Size 1 muffin
- Calories 259
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 54 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 223 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g