Find more breakfast recipes.
- Prep Time
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 5 tbsp coconut flour (TRY: NOW Real Food Organic Coconut Flour)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp each sea salt and baking soda
- 2 large eggs + 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- 11/4 cups plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp chopped toasted unsalted walnuts
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, banana, milk and vanilla; add to flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Mist a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium. Drop ¼ cup batter into skillet; spread out to a 3½- to 4-inch round. Repeat 2 to 3 times to fill skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip pancakes; cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a large plate; mist skillet again with cooking spray and repeat with remaining batter, reducing heat as necessary if pancakes brown too quickly. Let cool completely; wrap in plastic wrap between pieces of parchment paper and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days (or freeze between pieces of parchment paper).
- To reheat, heat a large nonstick skillet on medium; add pancakes (thawed if frozen) and cook, turning once until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle servings with walnuts.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes and 1 tbsp walnuts
- Calories: 318
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Cholesterol Content: 62 mg
- Fat Content: 22 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 360 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 7.5 g