We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneating.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour (NOTE: Look for a fine blanched almond flour rather than an almond meal. Try: Anthony’s Blanched Almond Flour)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp baking powder (TIP: While most baking powder is gluten-free, read the label to be sure if you’re making this for someone who is allergic.)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp organic evaporated cane juice (aka organic cane sugar), divided
- 1/3 cup grape seed, safflower or sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup + 1 tsp whole-milk yogurt, divided
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, divided
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper; mist with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine millet, almond and rice flours, tapioca starch, lemon zest, baking powder and salt. In a separate large bowl using a handheld electric mixer, beat eggs and ½ cup cane juice on medium-high for 2 minutes, until pale and doubled in volume. With mixer on medium-low, beat in oil, 3/4 cup yogurt and 2 tbsp lemon juice until well combined, 1 minute. Reduce to low; add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
4. To a spice grinder, add remaining 2 tbsp cane juice and process until it becomes a fine powder, 30 to 45 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in remaining 2 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp yogurt. Stir until a smooth, slightly runny glaze is achieved.
5. Remove cake from pan and peel off parchment, if necessary. Place on a serving plate. Drizzle with glaze; place in fridge to harden glaze, 20 minutes. Cut into 12 slices.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of loaf
- Calories: 188
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 33 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 161 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g