- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour + additional for dusting
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup potato flour (TRY: Bob's Red Mill Potato Flour)
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Lay out 1 large sheet of parchment paper on a table or counter (about 3 to 4 feet long).
2. In a small bowl, combine flax meal, chia and ¼ cup cold water. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
3. In a food processor, pulse brown rice flour, chickpea flour, potato flour, tapioca flour, eggs, oil and chia mixture until a ball of dough forms, 4 to 6 pulses. (If needed, add additional water, 1 tbsp at a time, until dough forms a ball.)
4. Drop dough onto lightly floured work surface and knead 2 to 3 times to bring dough together into a smooth ball. Divide into 4 pieces and wrap in plastic wrap.
5. Working with 1 dough ball at a time, pass through a pasta maker on the widest setting twice, and then reduce setting by one and run dough through once.
6. Lay dough on work surface and, using a knife or a serrated cutter, cut into 1-inch by 1½-inch rectangles.
7. Pinch each rectangle on the long sides to form a bowtie. Place on parchment and cover lightly with plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining 3 balls of dough. (Alternatively, this dough could be rolled out by hand on a floured work surface to 1/16 inch, then cut into rectangles.)
8. Gently add pasta to rapidly boiling water and carefully stir to prevent sticking, until pasta begins to float, 30 seconds. Continue cooking until pasta is tender, 4 to 5 minutes more. Drain and serve with your favorite sauce.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 223
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Cholesterol Content: 62 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 75 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g