- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 15 mini cupsServings
- 3 1⁄2 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater)
- 3 tbsp natural unsalted peanut butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp organic unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 tbsp organic evaporated cane juice
- In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate on medium-low. (Alternatively, set a metal bowl over top of a pot of gently simmering water, ensuring bowl does not touch water.)
- Using a pastry brush, apply 1⁄4 tsp chocolate to bottom and halfway up edge of each of 15 silicone mini muffin liners. (NOTE: Paper liners can be used, but it will be difficult to remove peanut butter cups. Paper liners may create a messier result.) Place muffin liners on a large plate and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, flour and cane juice with a wooden spoon; set aside.
- If necessary, re-melt remaining chocolate. Spoon 1⁄2 tsp peanut butter mixture into each chilled muffin liner and press to cover bottoms; smooth surface with spoon. Top each with 1⁄4 tsp chocolate, turning muffin liners to cover peanut butter mixture. Return to plate and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 peanut butter cup
- Calories: 69
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g