Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder and salt. In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and cane juice until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes; add eggs one at time, beating after each addition. To liquid mixture, add almond and vanilla extracts, orange zest and juice; beat until combined. Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and beat on low until just combined. Using a spatula, fold in pistachios and cranberries.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently 3 to 4 times. Divide dough into 4 sections; using your hands, form each piece into a 7 1/2-inch log. Transfer logs to a large parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly. (NOTE: Flattened logs measure about 7½ inches long by 2 inches wide and 1 inch high.) Bake until logs are golden and just beginning to brown on the bottom, 28 to 30 minutes. Set aside on sheet until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, carefully slice each log crosswise into 10 3/4 inch-thick slices (to make 40 pieces total). Lay slices on their sides on baking sheet. Return baking sheet to oven and continue baking until golden brown, 17 to 20 minutes more. Cool completely on sheet.
- In the top of a double boiler or in a small saucepan over a pot of boiling water, melt chocolate. Stand biscotti up and line them up tightly. Using the tines of a fork, drizzle tops of biscotti with melted chocolate. Allow chocolate to firm up then transfer cookies to an airtight container.
- Serving Size 1 biscotti
- Calories 92
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 21 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g