- Prep Time
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 tsp each baking soda and ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger and ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, separated
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line bottom and sides of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and nutmeg. Place 2 egg whites and 2 egg yolks in 2 separate medium bowls. Beat egg whites until tripled in volume and very fluffy; set aside. To egg yolks, add pumpkin purée, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla; beat until well combined. Gently fold egg whites and egg yolk mixtures into dry ingredients; stir gently until combined.
3. Spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth top with spoon. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into 12 slices.
NOTE: If following our September 2017 Meal Plan, store 5 slices in an airtight container and remaining slices in freezer; thaw when called for. Save leftover pumpkin purée for Meal Plan.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of loaf
- Calories: 219
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Cholesterol Content: 31 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 210 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g