Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line bottom and sides of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and nutmeg. Place 2 egg whites and 2 egg yolks in 2 separate medium bowls. Beat egg whites until tripled in volume and very fluffy; set aside. To egg yolks, add pumpkin purée, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla; beat until well combined. Gently fold egg whites and egg yolk mixtures into dry ingredients; stir gently until combined.
3. Spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth top with spoon. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick
inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely
before cutting into 12 slices.
NOTE: If following our September 2017 Meal Plan, store 5 slices in an airtight container and remaining slices in freezer; thaw when called for. Save leftover pumpkin purée for Meal Plan.
- Serving Size 1/12 of loaf
- Calories 219
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 31 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 210 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g