Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven on medium-high, heat oil. Add garlic and onion and sauté, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Stir in paprika and 1/4 tsp pepper, then add carrots, beets, cabbage and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until beets are tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar, 2 tbsp dill, remaining 1/4 tsp pepper and salt. (TIP: For a creamier dish, transfer about half of the soup to a blender and purée. Add purée back to soup and stir.)
- Meanwhile, whisk together yogurt and remaining 2 tbsp dill. Divide among serving bowls and top with yogurt mixture.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups stew and 4 tsp yogurt
- Calories 137
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 217 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g