Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. On one half of a foil-lined baking sheet, add beets and roast until fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients until combined. Set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, sunchokes, onion and walnuts. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp mint, oregano, black pepper and pepper flakes.
- Roll each goat cheese round in mixture to coat. During last
- minutes of beet cook time, remove beets from oven. Arrange goat cheese in a single layer on empty half of baking sheet and return baking sheet to oven. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add vinaigrette to large bowl with greens and toss to coat. Peel off beet skins and
- cut into bite-size pieces. Divide quinoa among serving plates and top with mixed greens mixture, beets and goat cheese, dividing evenly.
- TIP:Smaller beets take less time to cook; increase cook time if using larger beets.
- Serving Size 3/4 cup cooked quinoa, 3 1/2 cups mixed greens mixture, 1 beet, 1 oz goat cheese
- Calories 379
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 253 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g