Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Place cashews in a bowl; cover with cool water by 1 inch. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Line 6 cups of a muffin tin with paper liners. Combine coconut milk, coconut oil, ginger, turmeric, salt, pepper and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer on low; simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare crusts: Combine walnuts, dates and salt in a food processor. Pulse until chopped, then process until a dough forms. Measure out 3 tbsp dough and set aside for Chocolate Energy Bites (below). Divide remaining dough among 6 prepared muffin liners; press down to form even crusts. Freeze. Wipe out processor.
4. Drain cashews and rinse with cool water. Drain again. Add to processor along with coconut milk mixture, honey and vanilla. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides a few times. Remove crusts from freezer and divide filling among crusts, using about 3 tbsp filling per cheesecake. Tap on the counter a few times to release air bubbles, dust with additional cinnamon (if using), cover and freeze until filling is firm, at least 4 hours. Serve frozen, or let stand on counter for 10 minutes before serving.
Chocolate Energy Bites: Divide leftover dough (above) into 9 1-tsp portions. Roll each into a ball. Roll balls in 1 tbsp unsweetened cacao, cover and freeze.
- Serving Size 1 mini cheesecake
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 68 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4.5 g