Cybele’s Free-to-Eat rotini made with green lentils, cauliflower and parsnips keeps this chicken soup gluten-free.
- Prep Time
2 cups (5 oz) Cybele’s Free-to-Eat Superfood Veggie Pasta in Superfood White (p. 46)
5 cups The Osso Good Co. Chicken Bone Broth, fully defrosted (p. 44)
1 8-oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 large carrots, thinly sliced
2 tbsp Bragg Organic Coconut Liquid Aminos Seasoning (p. 41)
1 lemongrass stalk, split lengthwise
1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1½ tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp sea salt
Pinch ground cayenne pepper
1½ cups 1-inch broccoli florets
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta, reduce heat to medium and simmer gently until al dente, about 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with warm water. Divide among 4 soup bowls and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, to a medium saucepan, add broth, 1 cup water, chicken, carrots, coconut aminos, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, turmeric, salt and cayenne. Cover and bring to a simmer on medium-high. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and simmer, covered, until chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Discard lemongrass.
3. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and chop or shred into bite-size pieces; return to soup. Add lemon juice and green onions. Ladle soup into bowls over rotini.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 285
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 35 g
- Sodium Content: 464 mg
- Sugar Content: 6.5 g