- Prep Time
- 8 cookiesServings
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (NOTE: Not almond meal.)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (TRY: Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Flour)
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt, baking soda and ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or organic unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup naturally sweetened or unsweetened dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, shredded coconut, coconut flour, hemp hearts, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add eggs, oil, maple syrup, orange zest and vanilla; with a handheld electric mixer on medium, mix until well combined. Reduce to low speed, add cranberries and pecans and mix until combined.
3. Drop by 1/4 cup, 1 inch apart, onto prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden and centers are no longer doughy, about 25 minutes. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
TIP: Refrigerate cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 365
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 47 mg
- Fat Content: 30 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11 g
- Sodium Content: 224 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 6 g