Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Also see 30 Delectable Gluten-Free Dishes.
Carol Lovett resides in Ontario, Canada. Four years ago she sat in a doctor’s office complaining of irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, vertigo, and fatigue. After following the doctor’s suggestion to “ditch the wheat,” she regained her health and has never looked back. She believes that eating grain-free shouldn’t be boring and loves to develop recipes that replicate her favorite grain-based foods, such as pizza – and often they turn out better than the originals! Carol enjoys teaching others how to bring good food back into their diet through her blog, ditchthewheat.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease 2 6-cavity doughnut pans.
- Prepare bagels: In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, arrowroot starch, potato starch, tapioca starch, coconut flour, cream of tartar, fine salt and baking soda. In another bowl, mix together 1 cup water, eggs and honey. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Prepare seasoning: In a small bowl, mix together all the seasoning ingredients. Pour batter evenly into prepared molds, filling molds almost to the top. Sprinkle the seasoning on each bagel. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a bagel comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serving Size 1 bagel
- Calories 224
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 47 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 325 mg
- Sugar Content 6.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g