1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mist a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt; mix well. In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine bananas, eggs, coconut butter, coconut oil, vinegar and vanilla; process until smooth. Pour banana mixture into flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in carrots, raisins and pecans. Transfer to loaf pan; spread evenly.
3. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. (TIP: Cover loosely with foil if browning too fast.) Let cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes, then turn out bread to cool completely.
4. Just before serving, make glaze: In a saucepan, combine coconut butter, maple syrup and salt. Cook over low heat, whisking until just melted and smooth. Add warm water 1 tsp at a time to thin, if needed. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Let cool slightly, then spoon over bread, spreading lightly to coat (some may drip down sides). Cut into 10 slices. Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
TIP: You can purchase coconut butter, or make your own: Add 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut to a food processor. Process until a peanut butter-like consistency forms, scraping down sides of processor as necessary (the texture will change from sand to paste to a soft butter). Add salt to taste.
- Serving Size 1 slice
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 56 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 13 g
- Sodium Content 278 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g