Grain-Free Nut & Seed Granola
This recipe packs a serious punch in the way of healthy fats and protein from plenty of nuts and seeds. And it’s naturally sweetened with raw honey.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1/2 cup raw unsalted pecans pieces
1/2 cup raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
1/4 cup hemp hearts
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp raw almond butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 cups dried unsweetened cherries or goji berries
1. Preheat oven to 250°F. In a food processor, pulse pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp and chia until broken down into very small pieces. Reserve mixture in processor.
2. To a small saucepan on low, add almond butter, coconut oil and honey; stir to melt and combine into a smooth mixture. Remove from heat and add cinnamon and vanilla.
3. Pour warm almond butter mixture over chopped nuts and seeds; pulse to combine.
4. Transfer the mixture onto a large rimmed parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir then turn off heat; leave baking sheet in oven for another 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on sheet. Stir in berries and store in a jar at room temperature (or freeze for longer storage).
- Serving Size 1/3 cup
- Calories 274
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 65 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g