- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 Loaf (10 slices)Servings
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil + additional for greasing pan
- 2.5 cups blanched almond flour (NOTE: Not almond meal.)
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp whole psyllium husk flakes
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 8 large egg whites (or 1 cup liquid eggs whites) + 1 large egg, divided
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp white and/or black sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with oil and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 opposite sides.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca, flaxseeds, coconut flour, psyllium husk, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, combine egg whites, vinegar and 2 tbsp oil. Add almond flour mixture and beat on low speed just until incorporated; increase speed to medium-low and beat until well combined. Add 2/3 cup boiling water and beat for
1 minute. Transfer to prepared pan, spreading evenly.
4. In a small bowl, whisk remaining egg with 1 tsp water; brush over surface of batter. Sprinkle with seeds. Bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes, until lightly golden and starting to pull away from edges of pan.
5. Remove from oven. Lifting with edges of parchment, carefully remove loaf from pan; peel off parchment paper. Return loaf to oven, placing directly on oven rack. Bake until loaf forms a golden crust, 10 to 15 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 278
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 19 mg
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Sodium Content: 251 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g