Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with oil and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 opposite sides.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca, flaxseeds, coconut flour, psyllium husk, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, combine egg whites, vinegar and 2 tbsp oil. Add almond flour mixture and beat on low speed just until incorporated; increase speed to medium-low and beat until well combined. Add 2/3 cup boiling water and beat for
1 minute. Transfer to prepared pan, spreading evenly.
4. In a small bowl, whisk remaining egg with 1 tsp water; brush over surface of batter. Sprinkle with seeds. Bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes, until lightly golden and starting to pull away from edges of pan.
5. Remove from oven. Lifting with edges of parchment, carefully remove loaf from pan; peel off parchment paper. Return loaf to oven, placing directly on oven rack. Bake until loaf forms a golden crust, 10 to 15 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serving Size 1 slice
- Calories 278
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 19 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Sodium Content 251 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g