Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mist 6 8-oz ramekins with cooking spray and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk and orange extract; set aside.
- In a large saucepan on medium, melt butter. Whisk in flour, 1/3 cup cane juice and salt. Cook, whisking occasionally, for 5 minutes, until slightly browned. Slowly whisk in milk mixture and cook, whisking constantly, until smooth and custard-like,about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, using a mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Stir Grand Marnier and about 1 cup egg white mixture into flour mixture. Fold in remaining whites in 3 additions and then divide batter among prepared ramekins.
- Sprinkle top of each soufflé with 1/4 tsp of remaining cane juice. Bake until nicely browned on top and a toothpick inserted into center comes out almost entirely clean, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size 1 soufflé
- Calories 220
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 174 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 176 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g