Greek Lamb Burger Salad with Yogurt Feta Drizzle
A juicy, savory lamb burger is nestled into a fresh chopped Greek salad — no bun necessary. Instead of crumbled feta, we went to the next level and created an irresistible, creamy yogurt-feta sauce for drizzling.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- 1 1/4 lb ground lamb or beef
- 1 tbsp dried oregano (TRY: Simply Organic Oregano)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper + additional to taste (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt + additional to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (TRY: California Olive Ranch Reserve Miller’s Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/3 cup full-fat yogurt (TRY: Stonyfield Organic Probiotic Yogurt Plain Whole Milk)
- 1/4 cup crumbled full-fat feta cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
1. Preheat a greased grill or grill pan to medium-high.
2. In a large bowl, combine lamb, oregano and pepper; mix with your hands until well combined, then form into 4 patties. Sprinkle patties with salt. Grill, flipping once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 145ºF, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and olives; gently toss. Add lemon juice and oil and toss to coat. In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, feta, mint and additional salt and pepper, to taste. Divide salad among bowls. Top each with a burger patty and drizzle with yogurt sauce.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 474
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 104 mg
- Fat Content 35 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 12 g
- Sodium Content 670 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 18 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g