Hands-on time: 12 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 6-inch whole-wheat pitas
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 15-oz can low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 oz low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Paprika, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut each pita into 4 strips and cut each strip into 1-inch triangles, splitting apart the 2 sides of the pita as you cut. Spread on a baking sheet and toast in oven until pita is crispy, about 10 minutes, tossing once.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, onion, chickpeas and parsley. Add oil, lemon juice and pepper; toss well. Add feta and toasted pita and toss again. Garnish with a dash of paprika and serve immediately.
Nutrients per 1 1/2-cup serving: Calories: 280, Total Fat: 7 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 44 g, Fiber: 8 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 13 g, Sodium: 400 mg, Cholesterol: 5 mg
Nutritional Bonus: Get glowing skin: one low-cal serving of our Greek Salad offers 25% of your daily need of vitamin A, an antioxidant that's vital to the health of epithelial tissue, which covers the outside of the body and lines organs.