Green Goddess Deviled Eggs
Brimming with lemon, tarragon, parsley and chives, these deviled eggs are a fresh, zesty take on the classic side. Garnish with curls of lemon zest for a pretty presentation.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
TAKE IT TO GO: Pack eggs in an airtight container and keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled, halved lengthwise
½ small avocado, peeled and pitted
3 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise (TRY: Primal Kitchen Mayo made with Avocado Oil)
2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
1 tbsp each chopped fresh parsley and chives
½ tsp lemon zest + 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Spoon egg yolks into a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and process until just smooth.
2. With a tbsp measure, spoon mixture into egg white halves. (Alternatively, you can spoon the filling into a pastry bag and pipe it in.)
- Serving Size 2 halves
- Calories 150
- Carbohydrate Content 3 g
- Cholesterol Content 194 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 186 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g