Try our Curry Pasta Salad too!
- Cook Time
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
2 cups chopped asparagus (Note: Trim and cut into 1-inch long pieces.)
- 12 oz whole-wheat or brown rice rotini or penne (TIP: For even more color, opt for tri-color pasta.)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain coconut yogurt or reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 oz cooked and cooled shredded boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup each coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, cilantro, dill and mint
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and blanch for 1 minute, until tender-crisp. Remove asparagus from pot with a sieve or slotted spoon and transfer to ice water until cool. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, mist with cooking spray and cool to room temperature on a tray.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, coconut milk, lemon juice, honey and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- To a large bowl with asparagus, add pasta, chicken, parsley, cilantro, dill, mint, onions and dressing and mix well. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of pasta salad
- Calories: 251
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 36 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 114 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g