Green Monkey Smoothie
Freezing 5 to 10 premeasured smoothie ingredients in individual freezer bags makes for easy breakfasts or speedy snacks.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 small banana
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder, plus additional to taste
- 2 tbsp natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 large pitted dates, optional
- 1 tsp moringa powder, optional
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- To a medium zip-top freezer bag, add all ingredients except milk. Freeze until ready to serve.
- To serve, empty contents of bag into a blender. Add milk and blend until smooth.
- Serving Size 1 smoothie
- Calories 415
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 24.5 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 326 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g