- Prep Time
- Makes one pizza (8 slices)Servings
- 1/2 recipe (1 ball) uncooked whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 oz cooked chicken, shredded (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 6 tbsp all-natural barbecue sauce, divided (TRY: Tessemae’s Matty’s Organic BBQ Sauce)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or a blend of mozzarella and cheddar)
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
1. Preheat a grill to medium.
2. Use a rolling pin to roll out dough to an 8½ x 13-inch rectangle or 11-inch circle (no need to flour surface). Grease a large baking sheet with oil. Add dough to sheet and flip so that both sides have a light oil coating.
3. In a medium bowl, toss chicken with 2 tbsp barbecue sauce.
4. Remove dough from sheet and place directly on grill. Close lid and, after 2 minutes, flip. Watch closely to ensure dough gets good grill marks and puffs up slightly but does not burn.
5. While still on grill, spread remaining ¼ cup sauce on dough. Sprinkle with cheese, then chicken mixture, corn and onion. Close lid and cook until cheese has melted but crust is not burned, about 4 minutes. If crust is dark enough but cheese hasn’t melted, finish in a 350ºF oven.
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/8 of pizza)
- Calories: 211
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 443 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g