We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Prep Time
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 2 tbsp safflower oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce (TRY: San J Reduced-Sodium Tamari)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each cut in half horizontally to make thin cutlets
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 4 tsp safflower oil, divided
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 bunches green onions
1. Prepare sauce: To a food processor, add all sauce ingredients. Pulse until smooth. Set aside.
2. Prepare chicken: To a large bowl, add lime slices, basil, oil, garlic, soy sauce and cumin; stir to combine. Add chicken to bowl, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Prepare vegetables: Preheat a grill to medium-high and lightly grease grate. In a bowl, toss together zucchini, 1 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt and cumin. Brush corn with 1 tsp oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Place corn and zucchini on grill; close lid and cook, turning occasionally, until tender and grill-marked, 10 to 14 minutes for zucchini and 15 minutes for corn. Transfer to a large baking sheet; cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
4. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread tomatoes. Brush tomatoes and green onions with remaining 2 tsp oil and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Place on grill; close lid and cook, turning occasionally, until tender and grill-marked, 2 to 3 minutes for green onions and 3 to 5 minutes for tomatoes. Add to baking sheet; cover to keep warm.
5. Reduce heat to medium. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Place on grill; close lid and cook, turning once, until no longer pink inside, 6 to 10 minutes. Transfer half of chicken to a plate; let cool, then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate to make our recipe for Grilled Chicken Tacos the next night. Cover remaining chicken loosely with foil to keep warm.
6. Cut corn kernels from cobs; transfer 1 cup kernels and 1/2 cup tomatoes to a separate bowl. Chop 8 slices zucchini and 8 green onions; add to bowl. Stir in 2 tsp sauce. Cover and refrigerate for Grilled Chicken Tacos.
7. In a separate large bowl, toss together remaining corn kernels, zucchini (chopped, if desired), tomatoes and 2 tbsp sauce; divide among plates. Divide chicken among plates. Chop green onions (or leave whole, if desired), sprinkle over top and drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 449
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Cholesterol Content: 63 mg
- Fat Content: 27 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.5 g
- Sodium Content: 778 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 18 g