When the weather’s warm, it’s time to take the opportunity and grill outdoors. One of the perfect grilling combos? Fresh, in-season veggies and hot-off-the-grill protein. That’s what you’ll find in this Grilled Chicken Chermoula Salad. With a combination of charred carrots, asparagus and peppers plus a layer of boneless, skinless chicken breasts – all covered in a light-but-irresistable sauce – this is a meal made for outdoor lunches and dinners.
If you’ve never tried chermoula, this Grilled Chicken Chermoula Salad will introduce you to it in the perfect way. It’s an amazingly flavorful fresh herb sauce, along the lines of pesto or chimichurri, from Morocco. Typically served with grilled fish, it’s also wonderful alongside meats and other kinds of seafood and even makes a delicious dressing for salads and grains. This springy recipe dribbles chermoula on top of grilled chicken, asparagus and carrots, but you can switch up the ingredients with the seasons. And if you have extra, don’t hesitate to drizzle it over your fave spring and summer veggies (or even use it as a dip).
For more grilled salad ideas, try these recipes:
- Grilled Greek Salad with Chicken
- Grilled Peach Halloumi Salad
- Grilled Corn, Nectarine & Burrata Salad
Grilled Chicken Chermoula Salad
- Prepare chermoula: In a food processor, combine cilantro, parsley and garlic and process to finely chop. Add oil, water, lemon zest, juice and red pepper flakes; process to purée. Add salt to taste; set aside.
- Prepare chicken and salad: In a medium bowl, combine yogurt with lemon, coriander, cumin and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Spray chicken with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss asparagus, carrots and red pepper with a heaping spoonful of chermoula; toss. Grill chicken, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Grill carrots until lightly charred and tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Grill asparagus and peppers, until lightly charred and tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Set all aside.
- Cut asparagus into large, bite-size pieces. Arrange asparagus, carrots, red pepper and watercress on plates. Top with sliced chicken. Dollop remaining chermoula on chicken and drizzle yogurt mixture over salads. Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 376
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 71 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Sodium Content 551 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g