Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more chicken recipes here.
Recipe and Image from Cuisine at Home
- Preheat a grill to medium-high and brush grates with oil.
- Marinate chicken: In a small food processor, blend all marinade ingredients until smooth. Pour into bowl, add chicken and toss to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes. (MAKE AHEAD: Marinate chicken up to 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate.)
- Prepare sauce: In a small saucepan on medium, heat 2 tsp oil. Add cashews, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1 minute. Whisk in 1/2 cup water, 1/3 cup coconut milk, cashew butter, 2 tbsp coconut sugar, 1 tbsp garlic chile sauce and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tbsp lime juice. Set aside.
- Thread chicken onto skewers, discarding remaining marinade. Grill chicken until no longer pink inside, flipping once, 3 minutes per side. Serve with sauce.
- Serving Size 3 oz chicken and 3 tbsp sauce
- Calories 266
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 52 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 211 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g