Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more Clean Eating recipes here!
- Prepare tomatillo sauce: Mist a grill with cooking spray and heat to high. Place tomatillos, cut side down, onto grill surface. Grill tomatillos until softened and grill marks appear, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from grill and place in a food processor with cilantro, lime juice and jalapeño. Pulse until ingredients are puréed, then season with garlic powder and salt. Set aside.
- Prepare quesadillas: In a small bowl, combine cumin, chile powder and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, add onion, bell pepper and zucchini. Sprinkle vegetables with about half of cumin mixture and toss to coat. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on half of grill. Sprinkle remaining cumin mixture over chicken and arrange on opposite half of grill. Cook vegetables until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Grill chicken until cooked through and grill marks appear, about 12 to 14 minutes. (If not using a contact grill, turn vegetables occasionally and chicken once, with tongs.) Remove vegetables and chicken from grill and allow chicken to cool slightly, about 3 to 5 minutes, then slice into thin strips.
- To assemble, sprinkle 1 oz cheese on 1 tortilla. Top with half of chicken and half of grilled vegetables. Sprinkle again with 1 oz cheese and place 1 tortilla over top. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Coat grill with cooking spray and grill each quesadilla until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. (If not using a contact grill, carefully flip quesadillas over when bottom tortilla is browned and cheese begins to melt.) If cooking in batches, keep cooked quesadilla warm on a baking sheet in a 200˚F oven. Cut quesadillas into wedges with a knife or a pizza cutter and serve with tomatillo sauce for dipping.
- Serving Size 1/2 quesadilla and 2 tbsp sauce
- Calories 322
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 40 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 474 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g