See Also Grill Once, Prep All Week
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups buttermilk, shaken, divided
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2¼ tsp garlic powder, divided
- 2¼ tsp smoked paprika, divided
- 2 tsp sea salt, divided
- ½ + ⅛ tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 3 lb frozen split chicken wings (about 24), thawed and patted dry
- ¼ cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 3 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 12 oz mixed baby bell peppers
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
1. Make marinade: In a large bowl or glass container, whisk together 1¾ cups buttermilk, honey, 2 tsp each garlic powder and paprika, 1½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Make dip: In a small bowl, whisk remaining ¼ cup buttermilk, mayonnaise and blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate.
3. Prepare spice mix: In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp each garlic powder and paprika, and ⅛ tsp pepper; set aside at room temperature.
4. At least 8 hours before grilling, or up to 1 day ahead, add thawed wings to marinade; cover and refrigerate.
The Day Of
5. Preheat grill to medium; grease grill. Drain wings, discarding marinade. Grill, turning often, 25 to 30 minutes, removing smaller ones if they start to get too brown. Cover to keep warm. Meanwhile, toss bell peppers with oil and spice mixture. Grill, turning, until tender and charred in spots, 3 to 5 minutes (work in batches if needed and remove peppers as they’re ready).
6. Serve wings and peppers with reserved blue cheese dip.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 609
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 247 mg
- Fat Content: 44 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 44 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 750 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 21 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 7 g