Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
MAKE AHEAD: Cut, stem and seed poblanos. Prepare the gremolata (through Step 1). Cut foil and parchment pieces for the grill.
FINISH ON SITE: Grill tortillas, poblanos, avocados and cod; assemble tacos.
PACK THESE TOOLS: Grill, grilling tongs, brush, spatula, knife, cutting board and fork.
1. Prepare gremolata: On a cutting board, chop cilantro, parsley, garlic, chile and lime zest together (or pulse together in a food processor). Transfer to a portable lidded container; refrigerate.
2. Preheat a grill or grill pan on medium. Grill tortillas until grill-marked, about 2 minutes per side.
3. Brush poblanos with 2 tbsp oil and halved avocados with 1 tbsp oil. Grill avocados on high, cut side down, until grill-marked, about 2 minutes. Grill poblanos until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes per side. Season poblanos with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Thinly slice poblanos crosswise and thinly slice avocados.
4. Reduce heat on grill to medium. Brush cod with remaining 1½ tbsp oil, sprinkle with coriander, ¾ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper, and grill until marked and flaky, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and flake into large chunks. (NOTE: To prevent delicate fish from flaking too much on the grill, cut pieces of foil an inch wider than the size of the fish and line with a smaller piece of parchment paper. Brush generously with oil, then cookw fish on top. If you’re using a grill pan, you can place fish straight into pan.)
5. Divide avocados, poblano, flaked fish and gremolata among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges.
- Serving Size 2 tacos
- Calories 481
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 43 mg
- Fat Content 28 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 482 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 19 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g