Grilling the corn and green onions in this salad gives it a smoky component that pairs beautifully with the sweet-tart flavor of peak-season nectarines and creamy burrata. Substitute a peach if nectarines are not available.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Prep Time
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided (TRY: California Olive Ranch Reserve Miller’s Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 3 green onions, roots trimmed, left whole
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4½ oz burrata or fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 large nectarine, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- ¼ cup basil leaves, torn
- 1½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
1. Preheat a greased grill or grill pan (with lid) to medium-high. Brush corn with one-quarter of the oil. Place corn and onions on grill, cover and grill until onions are charred on one side, about 3 minutes. Transfer onions to a cutting board. Rotate corn and continue to grill until kernels are bright yellow and charred in places, about 10 minutes more.
2. Chop onions and transfer to a platter. Hold a corn cob vertical to a cutting board and slice kernels off with a sharp knife. Repeat with remaining corn and add to platter with onions. Discard cobs.
3. To platter, add tomatoes, burrata, nectarine, basil, vinegar, salt and pepper and toss. Let salad stand for 10 minutes. Drizzle with remaining three-quarters of the oil and toss to combine.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 241
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Cholesterol Content: 19 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 203 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g