Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Inspired by Thai flavors, this grilled corn is brushed with an intensely flavored glaze made with coconut milk, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime zest and juice, and chile-garlic sauce in final minutes over the flame. The sugar in the glaze caramelizes and sticks to the corn as it grills. When the corn comes off the grill, it is brushed with more glaze and dusted with finely ground dry-roasted peanuts.
Note: If you can’t find jarred chile-garlic sauce, sambal oelek or sriracha would be great substitutes.
Pair this delicious grilled corn recipe with a main dish like:
- Beer-Marinated Grilled Flank Steak
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken and Pineapple Skewers
- Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Grilled Corn with Coconut-Soy-Chile Glaze and Roasted Peanuts
- Brush grill grates with oil, and preheat grill to medium.
- Whisk together coconut milk, soy sauce, lime zest and juice, brown sugar, and chile-garlic sauce in a small bowl.
- Pulse peanuts in a small food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a large plate.
- Place corn on grill, and grill, turning occasionally, for until browned and lightly charred in spots, about 10 minutes. Brush with half of coconut milk mixture, and grill, turning occasionally, until charred, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer corn to a platter. Brush with remaining coconut milk mixture, then roll in peanuts.
- Calories 143
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 160 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g