Find more cherry recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cups fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed (TIP: You can also use sour cherries if you prefer. You’ll need to add an additional 2 tbsp coconut sugar into the cherry mixture in Step Two.)
- 1 tsp each pure vanilla and pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, divided
- 3 tbsp whole-wheat flour, divided
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped raw unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup cold organic unsalted butter, cubed (TRY: Horizon Organic Unsalted Butter)
- 1/3 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt, optional
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Line a 24-inch-long piece of heavy-duty foil with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together cherries, vanilla extract, almond extract, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tbsp flour. In a separate bowl, stir together oats, almonds and remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tbsp flour; using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Spoon cherry mixture into center of parchment and sprinkle with oat mixture. Bring short edges of foil together, then fold inward a few times along each long edge to seal packet. Place on grill and reduce heat to medium-low. Close lid and cook until cherries are softened and oats are lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Serve with yogurt (if using).
Oven Variation: Bake packet on a rimmed baking sheet in a 350˚F oven until cherries are softened and oats are lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 208
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 7 mg
- Sugar Content: 23 g