Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon zest, 1/4 cup lemon juice, garlic, oregano, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Transfer half of dressing to a second large bowl.
- Add tomatoes and eggplant to first large bowl, tossing to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad: To second large bowl, add cucumber, bell pepper, olives and onion; toss well with dressing and set aside.
- Prepare yogurt sauce: In a small bowl, combine all yogurt sauce ingredients. If necessary, add additional water 1 tbsp at a time until sauce reaches a pourable consistency.
- Heat grill to medium-high and lightly oil grate with cooking oil. Onto each skewer, thread tomatoes and eggplant, dividing ingredients evenly among skewers. Mist skewers with cooking spray. Add skewers to grill; close lid and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice, until tender.
- Just before skewers are finished, mist pitas with cooking spray; grill, turning once, until lightly toasted and warm, about 1 minute. Cut into quarters and divide among plates. Add spinach to salad and toss. Serve with souvlaki, yogurt sauce and pita.
- Serving Size 1 skewer of eggplant souvlaki, 1 1/2 cups salad, 1/2 pita
- Calories 241
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 1 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 369 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g