- Prep Time
- 1 loaf hearty whole-grain bread, cut into 12 slices
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 oz blackberries
- 6 oz fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp raw honey, or to taste
1. Preheat a griddle or heavy-bottomed skillet on medium. Brush 1 side of each slice of bread with oil.
2. In a medium bowl, gently smash blackberries with a fork or potato masher to a coarse texture.
3. Prepare sandwiches: Spread about 3 tbsp crushed blackberries on the non-oiled side of one slice of bread. Top with 1 oz shredded cheese and 1/2 tsp thyme. Drizzle with 1/2 tsp honey. Place a slice of bread on top, oil side up. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
4. Working in batches, add sandwiches to griddle and cook until golden brown on underside, about 5 to 6 minutes. Flip and cook until other side is golden brown and cheese is melted, 5 minutes more.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 407
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Cholesterol Content: 33 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 542 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g