Shishito peppers are small and typically sweet, but 1 in 10 is spicy (with a Scoville rating similar to a jalapeño). Sub with a bell or padron pepper in a pinch.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
4 5-oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 tsp lemon zest + 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp sea salt
⅛ tsp ground black pepper
8 oz shishito peppers (about 24)
2 avocados, halved and pitted (peel on)
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
½ cup full-fat sour cream
2 tsp lemon zest + 1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp sea salt
1. In a large bowl, place chicken, 2 tbsp oil, lemon zest and juice, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix to coat chicken. Marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, mix shishito peppers, avocado, remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and garlic.
3. Prepare lemon crema: In a small bowl, mix together crema ingredients. Set aside.
4. Cook chicken: Preheat grill to 400ºF. Spread chicken on grill and cook covered, for 5 to 8 minutes flipping once or until a thermometer reads 165°F in center. Place peppers and avocados on grill for the last 3 minutes of grilling. Transfer to a serving platter and top with crema and parsley.
- Serving Size: 1 breast and ¼ of vegetables
- Calories: 463
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 87 mg
- Fat Content: 33 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 322 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 20 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g