Shishito peppers are small and typically sweet, but 1 in 10 is spicy (with a Scoville rating similar to a jalapeño). Sub with a bell or padron pepper in a pinch.
1. In a large bowl, place chicken, 2 tbsp oil, lemon zest and juice, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix to coat chicken. Marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, mix shishito peppers, avocado, remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and garlic.
3. Prepare lemon crema: In a small bowl, mix together crema ingredients. Set aside.
4. Cook chicken: Preheat grill to 400ºF. Spread chicken on grill and cook covered, for 5 to 8 minutes flipping once or until a thermometer reads 165°F in center. Place peppers
and avocados on grill for the last 3 minutes of grilling. Transfer to a serving platter and top with crema and parsley.
- Serving Size 1 breast and ¼ of vegetables
- Calories 463
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 87 mg
- Fat Content 33 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 322 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 20 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g