- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup organic unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 4 lb mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 8 slices sourdough bread, optional
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan (with lid) to medium.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan on low, combine butter, shallot and garlic. Heat until butter melts; let mixture gently sizzle for 1 minute, then remove from heat. Stir in parsley and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Place mussels on grill in a single layer, working in batches if necessary. Cover and cook until shells open, 4 to 6 minutes, discarding any that don’t open. Transfer cooked mussels to a bowl. Place bread on grill (if using), cooking until grill marks appear, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
4. Gently warm up butter mixture if needed. Divide mussels among bowls. Drizzle with butter mixture, or serve butter on the side in small bowls. Serve with bread (if using).
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 433
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Cholesterol Content: 133 mg
- Fat Content: 29 g
- Protein Content: 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15 g
- Sodium Content: 717 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g