Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan (with lid) to medium.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan on low, combine butter, shallot and garlic. Heat until butter melts; let mixture gently sizzle for 1 minute, then remove from heat. Stir in parsley and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Place mussels on grill in a single layer, working in batches if necessary. Cover and cook until shells open, 4 to 6 minutes, discarding any that don’t open. Transfer cooked mussels to a bowl. Place bread on grill (if using), cooking until grill marks appear, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
4. Gently warm up butter mixture if needed. Divide mussels among bowls. Drizzle with butter mixture, or serve butter on the side in small bowls. Serve with bread (if using).
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 433
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 133 mg
- Fat Content 29 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 15 g
- Sodium Content 717 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g