Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Prepare bread: Preheat oven to 400ºF; line a large baking sheet with parchment. Line a strainer with a kitchen towel; place cauliflower rice into towel. Sprinkle with salt; let stand 20 minutes to release water, then use towel to wring out cauliflower to remove moisture.
2. To a medium bowl, add dried cauliflower rice, almond flour, egg and garlic powder; mix thoroughly. On prepared sheet, press dough into a 9 x 7-inch rectangle, about ¼ inch thick. Bake until golden and dry, 25 to 30 minutes. Carefully flip and bake until light golden on other side, 5 to 10 minutes longer. Let cool.
3. Prepare pimiento cheese: In a medium bowl, combine cheddar, mayonnaise, pimientos, cream cheese, cayenne, salt and black pepper, mixing thoroughly.
4. Cut cauliflower bread into 4 equal pieces. Divide cheese mixture between 2 bread pieces, spreading evenly; top with remaining bread slices.
5. In a large skillet on medium, melt butter. Add sandwiches and cook 2 to 3 minutes, occasionally pressing down with a spatula, until cheese starts to melt and bread is browned. Carefully flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, until cheese has melted and bread is toasted and golden on other side. Cut each sandwich in half.
- Serving Size 1 sandwich
- Calories 463
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 159 mg
- Fat Content 39 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 13 g
- Sodium Content 813 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 19 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g