Want more ratatouille recipes? Click here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1 eggplant, sliced into ½-inch-thick rounds
- 1 large zucchini, sliced on the bias into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 small red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- Heat a grill to medium-high. In a food processor, pulse basil and garlic until finely chopped. With motor running, gradually drizzle in all but 1 tbsp oil. Season with 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, arrange tomatoes, yellow peppers, eggplant, zucchini and onion in a single layer. Brush with remaining 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper.
- Grease grill grates. Place yellow peppers, eggplant, zucchini and onion on grill. Close lid and grill, turning once, until softened and grill-marked, 5 to 7 minutes. Place tomatoes, cut side down, on grill. Close lid and grill, turning once, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Arrange eggplant, zucchini and onion on a large serving platter. Transfer yellow peppers and tomatoes to a cutting board. Slice yellow peppers into strips; add to platter. Peel tomatoes and chop flesh into 1-inch pieces; add to platter. Drizzle with basil mixture.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 217
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 131 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g