Find more steak recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 oz haricots verts or small green beans, trimmed
- 12 pitted dates
- 3 tbsp shaved Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 6-oz beef tenderloin or top sirloin medallions
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise (root end intact)
- 1 1/2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- In a steamer basket set over a saucepan of simmering water, cook haricots verts until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and run under cold water. In a blender, purée dates, mustard seeds and ½ cup hot water. Add vinegar and 2 tsp oil and blend until combined. Toss haricots verts with 1/4 cup date sauce and 2 tbsp cheese. Set aside.
- Heat a grill pan on medium-high and brush with ½ tsp oil (or heat a greased outdoor grill to medium-high). Season beef with 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper and cook, turning once, until desired doneness, 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare. (TIP: If beef begins to over-brown, reduce heat to medium.) Transfer to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain.
- While beef is resting, brush romaine with remaining 1½ tsp oil and sprinkle with remaining 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. Working in batches if necessary, place romaine, cut sides down, on grill pan or grill. Cover and cook until tender and grill-marked, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn, cover and cook for 2 more minutes. To serve, top romaine with beef, remaining 1 tbsp cheese and date sauce, dividing evenly. Serve with haricots verts.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 294
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Cholesterol Content: 57 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.5 g
- Sodium Content: 221 mg
- Sugar Content: 20 g