- In a small saucepan on medium, heat milk, vanilla bean and 1 tbsp cane juice until just steaming and small bubbles form around edges, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. In a medium heat-proof bowl, whisk egg yolks with remaining 1 tbsp cane juice. Once milk is warmed, very slowly pour milk mixture into egg mixture in a very thin stream, whisking constantly. Stir mixture back into saucepan and return to medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or spatula until steaming and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl. Using a knife, scrape any remaining vanilla out of pod and stir into crème anglaise, discarding pod. Place plastic wrap directly on surface and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high and brush grates with oil. Add peaches, nectarines and plums to grill, cut side down, and grill for 3 to 4 minutes, until warm and lightly charred. Flip and grill for about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut each half lengthwise into 2 pieces. Drizzle crème anglaise over each plate and divide peaches, nectarines and plums over top. Garnish evenly with cherries and basil.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 285
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 92 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11.5 g
- Sodium Content 12 mg
- Sugar Content 30 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g