Click here for more vegetarian recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- High-heat cooking oil (such as sunflower, safflower or grape seed oil) as needed
- 1 9-oz loaf whole-grain bread with seeds, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes (TRY: One Degree Foods Organic Sesame Sunflower Bread)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 8 metal or wooden skewers (soaked if using wooden)
- Preheat grill to medium and lightly oil grate. To a large bowl, add bread and tomatoes. Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil over top and toss to coat. Thread bread cubes onto skewers. Thread tomatoes onto separate skewers.
- Add bread skewers to grill. Grill bread, turning frequently, until toasted and golden on all sides, 5 to 6 minutes. About 2 minutes before bread is fully toasted, add tomato skewers to grill. Grill tomatoes for 1 to 2 minutes, turning frequently, until softened and very lightly blistered. Slide bread off skewers and transfer to a large bowl. Gently slide tomatoes off skewers into bowl with bread.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Drizzle vinegar mixture over bread and tomatoes and toss to coat. Gently stir in basil.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 195
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 43 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 184 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g