Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a medium baking dish, whisk 3 cloves roughly chopped garlic, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp oil, sumac, thyme and 1/4 tsp each coriander and cumin until well blended. Add chicken and turn several times to coat. Set aside to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare radishes: In a small saucepan, whisk vinegar, honey, 1 pinch salt and 1/2 cup water. Add cloves and peppercorns, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. In a medium heat-proof bowl, add radishes. Pour vinegar mixture over top and let sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare hummus: In a food processor, pulse remaining 2 whole cloves garlic until finely chopped. Add chickpeas, broth, cilantro, remaining 2 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp oil, 1/8 tsp each coriander and cumin, 1/4 tsp salt and ground black pepper. Process until smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
- Scrape and discard garlic from chicken and season chicken with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Brush a grill pan or grill with remaining 1 tsp oil and heat on medium-high. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Divide chicken, radishes, hummus and sesame seeds (if using) among pitas.
- Serving Size 1 chicken pita with fillings
- Calories 173
- Carbohydrate Content 9.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 238 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3.5 g
- Sodium Content 453 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g