Guacamole Fettuccine with Sautéed Beef Strips
Who says you can only enjoy guacamole with chips? Toss it with pasta and beef on busy work nights.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 8 oz whole-grain fettuccine
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 lb sirloin beef, trimmed of fat and cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 lb Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves for garnish, optional
- Cook fettuccine al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add avocado and mash using a fork until smooth. Stir in lime juice, yogurt and salt. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium, add beef and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 5 more minutes or until strips are cooked through, turning occasionally. Drain beef and garlic in a fine-mesh strainer, then transfer to bowl with avocado mixture. Add fettuccine and toss.
- Divide fettuccine mixture among 4 plates, then top each with a quarter of tomatoes and garnish with cilantro (if using).
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 365
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 168 mg
- Sugar Content 3.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1.5 g