Ham & Green Onion Quiche
Thick chunks of salty ham and pungent slivers of green onions give our pie some serious scrape-the-plate succulence.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
TOTAL COST: $5.48
COST PER SERVING: $1.37
- 2 slices whole-grain bread, roughly chopped
- 1 large egg plus 5 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 5 3/4 oz low-sodium nitrate-free ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 1-oz slices low-fat Swiss cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a food processor or clean spice or coffee grinder, process bread into rough crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a 9-inch pie dish and press firmly onto bottom to form a crust. Bake for 10 minutes, until edges are golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk egg, egg whites and milk until just combined. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over top of crust. Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until top is puffed and golden brown and a knife tip comes out clean when inserted in center. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Run a thin knife around the edges of dish to loosen. Cut into quarters.
- Serving Size 1/4 of quiche
- Calories 191
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 90 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 562 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g