Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making them a great choice to include in plant-based meals. They’re also full of antioxidants, which protect your body from free radical damage and promote a healthy gut and brain.
1. Prepare potatoes: Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, toss sweet potatoes with coconut oil,
cinnamon and half of the salt and
pepper. Spread sweet potatoes in an
even layer on baking sheet. Bake until
potatoes are tender, 20 to 30 minutes,
stirring every 10 minutes.
2. Prepare dressing: In a medium bowl,
whisk vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil,
Dijon mustard and remaining half of
the salt and pepper.
3. Assemble salad: In a large bowl, toss
together lettuce, beans and quinoa.
Add dressing and toss until evenly
mixed. Top with sweet potatoes,
cranberries and almonds.
- Serving Size 1 Salad
- Calories 797
- Carbohydrate Content 104 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 37 g
- Fiber Content 21 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 14 g
- Sodium Content 725 mg
- Sugar Content 43 g